Our Brain Builders: Gifted & Talented
workbook set is intended to provide practice for children so they can become accustomed to the type of questions asked on kindergarten Gifted & Talented assessments. It is particularly geared towards the NYC assessment, the most selective assessment in the United States, but it can be used for any IQ related assessments for Pre-K – First Grade entrants.
Each set includes seven 60-page workbooks that together include a total of 350 questions. Individual workbooks focus on a specific question type from the Nonverbal (NNAT®) and Verbal (OLSAT®) portions of the Gifted & Talented test. Each workbook includes the following sections:
- The Performance Checklist provides space to monitor a child’s competency with certain question types and general test-taking skills. This section also includes an area for instructors/parents to provide written feedback.
- The Main Session section focuses on an individual question type from the Nonverbal and Verbal portions of the test. These sections are scaffolded to include two to five answer choices per question, with a total of 30 questions for the entire section. Nonverbal question types also include skill-building subtypes to help familiarize children with the fundamental skills needed to excel at answering NNAT®-based questions.
- The Review section includes question types that children have encountered in previous workbooks. These sections help to keep children focused and familiar with question types (skills) they’ve already learned by providing additional—and increasingly challenging—exercises.
- The Homework section includes additional exercises based on the question type included in the Main Session.
- Answer Page sections are available for instructors and parents to review for accuracy.
Custom labeling and volume discounting is available for orders of 50 or more workbook sets. For more information on this option, contact us at 212.360.2040 and ask for Christopher Jones
Free ground shipping on orders over $75 in the US!