The BSRA® is used nationally to assess school readiness as well as compliance with Early Childhood States' Standards.About the Test
The BSRA® tests a child's knowledge of basic concepts integral to cognitive development and school success, including colors, letters, numbers, counting, size/comparisons, and shapes. The BSRA® is designed for pre-K through 2nd grade children, is administered individually by a trained examiner, and requires good listening skills.
In New York City, the BSRA has been replaced by the NNAT for Gifted and Talented tests. Please check out Aristotle Circle's NNAT prep book here!
Test Prep Workbook
A review by NYC's Gifted and Talented Program and Testing
A review by Testing for Kindergarten's Karen Quinn
Our comprehensive Bracken School Readiness Assessment* (BSRA®) practice workbook set demystifies the test and presents information in an accessible and easy-to-use way that is consistent with the actual test. Aristotle Circle's BSRA® workbooks also provide:
Free ground shipping on orders over $75 in the US!
- Details regarding how the exam is scored and administered
- Descriptions of all 5 subtests and how they are scored
- Clarification of basic misconceptions about the test
- 14 activity worksheets that help children have fun while learning test material at the same time
- 170+ practice questions that are structured and presented in a way similar to those on the test
- Suggested activities and games that can be easily incorporated into daily life
- 40 monster stickers to encourage persistence and promote learning through play
- 45 pages
Pearson Education is not affiliated with, nor does it
endorse or sponsor, the contents of this book.